Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Do Not Put Out The Spirit's Fire

Bottom Line
September 2010

“Do not put out the Spirit’s fire;” – I Thessalonians 5:19

Several things speak to me concerning these seven words:

1. Spirit denotes God’s Presence as we read in Acts 2:1-4 concerning Pentecost and the outpouring of His Spirit just as He promised (Acts 1:4-5).

2. The Spirit represents God’s Presence in the life of the believer.

3. If God’s Presence is with us then others around us should want to be around us.

4. Do my actions, my words, my deeds, my attitude, etc. (as a Spirit filled believer) draw people to Christ?

5. Or, because I have “put out the Spirit’s fire” do my actions, my words, my deeds, my attitude, etc. repel people so that they say, “Well! If that is what being a ‘Christian’ is about, I want no part of it.”?

6. When we do not represent God’s Presence – “the Spirit’s fire” – we repel not attract people to the life of Christ.

Bottom Line: Let us not quench God’s Presence in our lives. Let “the Spirit’s fire” be evident in our lives so others may want to “taste and see that the Lord is good.” (Psalm 34:8)

Love in Christ,

MG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome