Monday, June 12, 2017

MONDAY MORNING!

"Be joyful always ..."

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." -- I Thessalonians 5:16-18

I want to say, "Wow. Really Paul?  Really?" But then I remember what he wrote to Timothy: "All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

So, now I am saying, "Okay, God, show me." And He does. 

I begin to see that the "joyful" comes from what He has deposited inside of me and is not dependent upon my outward circumstances or situation. I begin to see that prayer is part of my communication with "the creator of all things." I begin to see that giving thanks is from a grateful heart remembering the perfect sacrifice of love for me on the cross. And, I begin to see that all of this --- being joyful, praying, being thankful --- is His will -- His choice -- for me in being connected to His one and only Son, Jesus Christ.

My prayer right now? "Father, I want (I will -- I choose) to know You more. I want (I will -- I choose) to be joyful always. I want (I will -- I choose) to pray continually. I want (I will -- I choose) to give thanks in all circumstances. I want (I will - I choose) Your will for me in Christ Jesus. Amen"

Bottom Line: May we realize God's will -- His choice -- for us in Christ Jesus. May we be joyful always. May we be praying continually. And, may we give thanks in all circumstances. Amen? Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome