Monday, February 20, 2017

MONDAY MORNING!

"God Directs"

"Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight." ... Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me." -- Psalm 119:35 & 133

"This is what the LORD says --- your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go." -- Isaiah 48:17

"I know, O LORD, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps." -- Jeremiah 10:23

"May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance." -- 2 Thessalonians 3:5

I use to not like asking for directions. I would almost rather stay lost until the last possible moment when at last I would finally (at my wife's consistent and constant insistence I will add) stop and ask how to get from here to there.

Since our birth someone has been giving us directions. "Don't touch that it's hot! Don't run out in the street! Don't stay out late. You are doing a good job of cleaning your room -- keep it up." Coaches give directions to their staff and to their players and you better bet they follow if they want to continue to be part of the team. Directions are necessary in life. They help keep us going down the right path.

However, as we get older, a lot of times we do not want people giving us directions or helping us to make decisions. -- "I am grown now! I can direct myself! Not anybody going to tell me what to do!" But that is contrary to His Word -- Again, Jeremiah 10:23 -- "I know, O LORD, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps."

 The thing is -- we all need direction in our life right up to the day we die.

Bottom Line: Who is directing your life? You and you alone? May we decide that we need direction in our life. May we know that His Word is always available to help direct us. Always. Amen? Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome