Tuesday, February 7, 2017

MONDAY MORNING

"God Forgives"

". . . Forgive my hidden faults. Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. Then I will be blameless, innocent of great transgression. -- Psalm 19:12-13

"Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners --- of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display His unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on Him and receive eternal life." -- I Timothy 1:15-16

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. -- I John 1:9

How many are thankful that God forgives? My hand is up first! How many are grateful that He sent His One and Only Son to die for our sin? Yep, my hand is up first again!  Just think of this: When we ask, as believers, for God to forgive us -- Guess what? He forgives us! Amen?
Now does that mean we are okay to keep on sinning? Listen to this: "What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?" -- Romans 6:1-2 

Are we ever going to be perfect and not sin?  Not in this world we have now and not in this temporary earthen jar we call our body. But we can be thankful for a loving God that always forgives. Have you ever washed a bunch of dirty dishes? They may have food caked on them, some greasy, some just really sticky and messy. But you take warm water, dish liquid and a little scrubbing and they are all clean --- just to get messed up again. That's us -- we get messed up again and again but guess what? God is in the dish cleaning business (if I may put it that way). He is --- "The Mr. Clean".  No matter how big the mess --- He is faithful to forgive every time we ask.

For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His love for those who fear Him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us." -- Psalm 103:11-12


Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Can you hear me praising God? -- I said -- HALLELUJAH! 

Bottom Line: May we come to know that we have a loving Father who always forgives whenever we ask.  Amen? Amen!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome