Monday, March 20, 2017

MONDAY MORNING!

I do not pretend ...

"If He snatches away, who can stop Him? Who can say to Him, 'What are you doing?'" -- Job 9:12 

I do not pretend to understand the ways of the Lord.  Well --- to be perfectly honest --- maybe sometimes I try. Isaiah 55:8-9 tells us we don't: "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts."

His way of doing things are different than mine. My way of thinking is different than His. Yet, we are encouraged to continue on a path or road of Christ-likeness. Christ was always obedient to Father. He listened and He obeyed. He did what Father showed Him to do. Just look at John 5:19 and John 8:28.

Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himslef; He can do only what He sees His Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does." -- John 5:19

  ". . . I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught Me." -- John 8:28

With those scriptures in mind -- in John 9 we are told of how Jesus heals a man born blind. He spat on the ground, made some mud and then put it on the man's eyes and told him to go wash in the Pool of Siloam. I see no where in that ninth chapter of John where Jesus asked, "Father, what are you doing?" He simply obeyed.

So, how do we see and hear and know what the Father is doing and asking us to do? Through faith in His Son who asked His Father to send the Holy Spirit who would then guide us into all things.

But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you" -- John 14:26

But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you. ... But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on His own; He will speak only what He hears, and He will tell you what is yet to come. -- John 16: 7 & 13

Yes, He speaks, He shows, He directs. The question is: Are we looking, listening and being obedient? Or, are we just thinking or saying, "What are You doing?"

Bottom Line: May we not pretend to always know His ways. May we see, may we hear, and may we obey as the Holy Spirit, the Counselor, the Spirit of truth guides and directs. Amen? Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome