Monday, March 6, 2017

MONDAY MORNING!

"Where Are You Standing?"

"I waited patiently for the LORD; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand." -- Psalm 40:1-2

Later in this psalm, David, talks about troubles without number surrounding him and his sins overtaking him. Yet, he calls on the LORD to come save him.  He was in a "tight fix" or as some would say -- "between a rock and a hard place" or "stuck with no way out". But, he also knew where he needed to be and that was on a rock -- a solid rock and if you will --- I am thinking -- "The Rock". In the midst of his situation or circumstance he waited for the LORD to come and help place him there -- "on a rock."

So, I ask you -- Where are your feet standing? Are you in a "tight fix"?  Are you "between a rock and a hard place?" Do you feel "stuck with no way out?" --- Then who are you calling on and praying to?

This is what David prayed ---

"Be pleased, O LORD, to save me; O LORD, come quickly to help me." Ps. 40:13

Bottom Line: May we know that whatever we may be facing, whatever we may be going through, whatever may be our situation --- as we call out and patiently wait --- there is always One who will come quickly when we call, pull us out and set our feet on The Solid Rock. Amen? Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome