Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Father is I AM

June 20 is Father’s Day. On that day we are to honor fathers and celebrate fatherhood. I am sure that everyone at CCC (husband, wives, mothers, children) will be participating in that. Perhaps cooking a favorite meal, presenting cards and maybe gifts, making phone calls, etc. I will for sure be calling my dad and thanking him for being in my life.

But, also, I want to remember the Dad, the Father of all creation in a special way on that day. In thinking about Father’s Day I was reminded by the Lord about His conversation with Moses. Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them? God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” – Exodus 3:13-14 The more literal translation is: I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE. God was actually saying to Moses and the Israelites that He would be whatever they needed Him to be at any given time in any given situation. And, for us, as true believers, as Christians – our Father is I AM. I have tried to express that in the Now Word for CCC that has been in the bulletin the last few weeks. God our Father wants us to know that every single day of our existence here and for eternity He is – I AM. Our Father is – I AM.

My Father WILL BE WHAT HE WILL BE in each and every situation and circumstance of my life. I really believe that! If I need a deliverer, my Father, I AM is there; if I need provision, my Father, I AM is there; if I need a front guard or a rear guard or a side guard, my Father, I AM is there!

I could go on and on but I think you get the picture. Reread the Now Word for CCC. Reread the story of the Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11-32. Verse 20: “But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.” Our Father, I AM is even there to receive us back when we go astray.

Bottom Line: Yes, definitely celebrate fatherhood and honor fathers. But let us not forget The Father of all creation – my Father is I AM, your Father is I AM.

Love in Christ Jesus,

MG

1 comment:

Comments Welcome